The patient may indicate that she or he would like a caregiver(s) assistance with the medical cannabis. If his or her health care practitioner agrees, the health care practitioner will check the box in the patient’s account allowing for a caregiver.
Once certified, the patient will have the opportunity to enter contact information for the caregiver, including email.
At that point, the caregiver will receive an invitation to set up his or her own account, including:
- Name, address & phone number
- Government-issued ID: state ID, driver’s license, or passport (scan or photo from phone).
- Background check application form and fee
- Designated Caregiver Background Check Informed Consent (PDF: 1 page)
- Complete and mail this form, along with the $15 processing fee. It often takes several weeks to complete this process.
Upon completion of the caregiver submitting the online registration via an email link that is sent to them, and mailing the completed background form and payment to the proper address; the caregiver will be notified by email once he or she has passed the background check. At that time, he or she will be able to assist the patient in obtaining and dispensing medical cannabis. The caregiver will be asked for proof of identity at the Cannabis Patient Center when picking up their patient’s medical cannabis.
Source: Minnesota Department of Health website.
Have a question you can’t find an answer to? We’re here to help. Contact Us.